Image credit - ProbablyNot
21.05: May 2021 Devblog
Friday, June 4, 2021
Written by – CosmicCoincidence
Monthly Release: v0.3.95d
“What could we accomplish if we knew we could not fail?”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
While we are still reworking the tilemap design we made some progress this month with fixing and cleaning the project up. We also made a Twitter account this month so if you are active there, go give us a follow! Related to that, viniciusueharaweb added some nice vector graphics for our social media links in the footer of this website (see bottom of page).
Implemented by peeB, cigarettes and joints are now consumed when lit, currently lasting just 10 seconds. Even includes an extinguish interaction. Fine-tuning will come later.
- Added a secondary hold point for certain objects, fixing a problem where certain items clipped into the character when held.
- Added starting filters for specific container types to prevent certain items in them.
- Fixed a bug in the container UI that when you drag the UI the slots of the container move but not the items which caused a glitch.
- Renamed many files for consistency and removed so outdated ones.
- Added a new Unity gizmo to help visualize the placement and orientation of our hold points on objects.
- Re-encoded our Surgery Console animated texture, fixing the stutter it had.
- Reduced the medkit and toolbox animations so they open less and prevent clipping.
- Updated UI slot image, preventing the issue of not being able to see which hand is selected.
- Updated the delete function in the tilemap editor so it only deletes the active layer instead of the whole tile.
- Updated a few game controls.
- Renamed a couple of interaction methods to reduce confusion.
Turkey who is a long-time community member but doesn’t often contribute, surprised us with a cute maintenance drone this month.
The great Cornelius is back this month with some nostalgic squirt guns and intriguing xeno egg.
Eiko is back this month as well with a goofy cardboard cutout and a new set of airlocks, including secure airlocks and a fire-lock.
Also from Eiko this month, are these hilarious posters.
ProbablyNot is back this month with his infamous 3D scenes.
Lastly, although we have a download link for each monthy version at the top of each blog post, and keep a link to the latest version on the homepage, we also added a new download page that links to the latest release as well. It’s handier to link to externally and will download the game automatically.
We’re still over here working so, as always, you know where to find us if you want to follow us closer or come contribute (on Discord).